What is ESET Cybersecurity for Mac?
It is an ESET product made specifically for Macs to protect from cybercriminals. It blocks all attempts made to infect your Mac or steal your personal information and it also removes PC viruses that might infect other computers through file sharing. Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and newer are the required operating systems for this software. It costs $39.99 for one year and one Mac. Other pricing packages can be found here.
ESET Cybersecurity for Mac also includes the following features 1:
- On demand and scheduled scans for your various storage devices
- Drop files and folders into the ESET dock icon or open window for a quick scan
- Proactive detection of Mac and Windows viruses, spyware and other threats, using ESET's ThreatSense antivirus technology
- Small and non-invasive updates
- Intuitive and familiar OS X look and feel
- Scanning of shared folders for viruses in virtual machines
- Scans removable media, including USB drives, CDs and DVDs, memory sticks, etc.
- Advanced setup for power-users to control scan depth, set file, folder or volume exclusions, and set level of heuristics