What is Focus on the Family?
Focusonthefamily.com is a Christian website with the intention to help strengthen marriages between husband and wife and aid parents in raising their children.
All of Focus on the Family’s information revolves around its core beliefs: 1
- We believe that all people are of infinite value, regardless of age, development, appearance or ability.
- We believe that marriage is the foundation of family life, and that God’s design for marriage is a relationship where both husband and wife are committed to loving and caring for one another for a lifetime.
- We believe children are a gift from God, and thrive best in a home where both mother and father are committed to raising them with love, intention, and care.
- We believe sex is given by God as an expression of love to be shared and enjoyed exclusively between a husband and wife.
- We believe that Christians have a responsibility to promote truth and social policy that improves the strength and health of the family, as God designed.
- And we believe that parents should aspire to model for their children how to humbly follow the teachings and spirit of Jesus at home and in the community.
Focus on the Family provides a myriad of ways to gain information about marriage, parenting, life challenges, and faith. These include websites, podcasts, and multiple articles. A 1-800 Family Help line is also available for those needing one-on-one counsel. 2