How to spot fraudulent Websites
1. Check for misspellings.
2. Check the date at the bottom. If the site hasn't been updated recently, there might be something wrong.
3. If you're researching, check to see if the site is sponsored by any reputable sources such as an academic journal or a respected organization.
4. Always check the domain. .org and .net are the most reliable.
5. Overwhelming advertisments are a clear sign.
6. The site asks for unnecessary personal information.
7. If a website asks you to login using your personal credentials, make sure you check the domain first. For example, if you are logging into Facebook, always make sure the domain name for the page you are on is the correct facebook.com